[mythtv-users] installation question

Cameron Vetter cvetter at wi.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 19:13:36 EST 2004

I'm using Redhat 9.0, with apt-get to install new packages.  I've done
the distro update, then I installed the mythtv suite.  I got mysql going
and I built the database properly using the included script.

When I type mythfrontend -v all, I get the following:

Mythfrontend version: 0.14.20040123-1
Enabled verbose msgs: all
Segmentation fault

It takes a long time for the segfault message to show up.

I also get a seqfault when I run just mythtv.

I was attempting to build myself with the directions on mythtv site, but
I'm having problems.  I don't seem to have "qmake" installed on my
system.  I searched around and it seems this is a part of Qt, which I
supposedly have the lastest on my system when I attempt to use apt-get.
So I can't even build it myself.

I'm thinking I may need to build myself because I'm using an athlon
system (Tbird though), but I thought apt-get dealt with this for me.

Any help on either side of this would be great.  Let me know if you need
additional info.

Cameron Vetter