[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault as non-root user

ben at ultraswank.com ben at ultraswank.com
Thu Feb 5 19:43:40 EST 2004

Posted this a while back but didn't get anything that might fix it so I'm
trying again.  if I start mythfrontend as root it works fine, but any
other user causes a segmentation fault. I'm not seeing anything in the
logs and I'm at a loss at what to look into next.  Here's some dtails on
my setup:

PVR-250 based machine Running redhat 9.0
kernel 2.4.22-1.2163.nptl_34.rhfc1.at
XFree86-4.3.0-42

This was pretty much a straight install off of Jarod's install guide, but
after I first experienced this problem I uninstalled mythtv-suite and
rebuild from source with the 1.4 packages.

-Ben Newman

"It's amazing how much mature wisdom resembles being too tired."
                                              --Robert Heinlein