[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problem

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Feb 5 15:49:07 EST 2004

I have a mythfilldatabase issue. I can login as root and run
mythfilldatabase without a problem.

If I try to run it from crontab with:
01 1 * * * root /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase
OR
run mythfilldatabasecron in cron.daily I get the following errors:

----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
using config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv does not
exist, run
me with --configure
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Data is already present for Thu Feb 5 2004, skipping
Data is already present for Fri Feb 6 2004, skipping
Data is already present for Sat Feb 7 2004, skipping
Data is already present for Sun Feb 8 2004, skipping
Data is already present for Mon Feb 9 2004, skipping
Data is already present for Tue Feb 10 2004, skipping
Data is already present for Wed Feb 11 2004, skipping
Fetching data for Thu Feb 12 2004
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
using config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv does not
exist, run
me with --configure
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Fetching data for Fri Feb 13 2004
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
using config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file //.mythtv/BrightHouseFL.xmltv does not
exist, run
me with --configure
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Failed to fetch some program info

How come I can run it manually as root but not from crontab?

Thanks,
James