[mythtv-users] Willing to pay for better listings?? - US

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 5 11:23:16 EST 2004

Quoting Ethan McDonald <emcdonald at ionstorm.com>:

> I personally would not either.
>
> In fact one feature Myth's TV listings needs is a exception list.
> A lot of the channels downloaded for MythTV are not even on my DirecTV list
> of channels and others I could just as really do with out like all the
> music
> channels.
>
> I would be nice if I could go through the entire list and set my
> preferences
> as to what I do don't want to browse.
> Also I should be able to set an option so that MythTV will only bother
> filling the database with the channels I selected as viewable.
> Perhaps this could be added to the Mythtvsetup.
Edit ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_na.conf (or whatever tv_grab you're using) and replace
lines like this:
channel: 13 WNET
with
not channel: 13 WNET

You'll have to manually go into the database and delete the channels you've told
xmltv to stop recording though, otherwise you'll have a bunch of channels with
blank program data.