[mythtv-users] Consequences of splitting cable input for multipletuners

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 5 02:59:05 EST 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 21:04, Scott Pouliot wrote:

> Well I've got mine split with 2 ways twice in my house.  Once for an
> extra
> TV in the bedroom...and once for my Myth box up in the loft.  So far I
> haven't seen any real signal loss from a viewing standpoint.  I imagine
> another 1 or 2 and I would start to see it though.  We'll find out
> when I
> try to get my bttv card working alongside of my PVR-250  ;-)

I'm split five ways at the junction box outside, four ways by my HDTV
(w/an amplified splitter), two ways by my TV upstairs, two ways in my
office (cable modem and TV card in my workstation), and two ways off
another feed to the bedroom and my kid's playroom for a total of 10
drops. The amp was a must, because without it, my cable box couldn't
lock onto most HDTV channels. Outside of that, I have no signal
problems at all, but unfortunately, ymmv quite a bit on this one.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/