[mythtv-users] Willing to pay for better listings?? - US

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Thu Feb 5 00:56:33 EST 2004

Ethan,

"Ethan McDonald" <emcdonald at ionstorm.com> writes:

> In fact one feature Myth's TV listings needs is a exception list.
> A lot of the channels downloaded for MythTV are not even on my DirecTV list
> of channels and others I could just as really do with out like all the music
> channels.
>
> I would be nice if I could go through the entire list and set my
> preferences as to what I do don't want to browse.  Also I should be
> able to set an option so that MythTV will only bother filling the
> database with the channels I selected as viewable.  Perhaps this could
> be added to the Mythtvsetup.

What you want can be done already. Take a look at this entry in the
MythTV FAQ:

Removing unwanted channels

>From what you describe above I think this is what you want. My listings
included some channels that I don't receive (HBO, Cinemax and other
premium channels). I configured XMLTV to not refresh these and now Myth
does not show them in listings or when changing channels.

Cheers,

Eloy.-