[mythtv-users] Screen Aspect/Size with "smart" TV's

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Feb 4 08:59:32 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Simon at the Threshold wrote:

> I'm running mythtv out via a nvidia mmx440 (SVIDEO) to a Sony widescreen
> tv and I was wondering if anyone has sussed how to configure X/mythtv so
> that the the TV's "smart" mode can detect the diffirent aspect ratios
> and resize its screen accordingly?.

If you're using scart to connect to the TV then you can change the voltage
on one of the pins to set the aspect.  I've built an interface for my
system that plugs between the serial port and SCART but I haven't yet got
around to writing support in Myth.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/