[mythtv-users] PVR-350 clarification

alanb at starband.net alanb at starband.net
Wed Feb 4 07:48:09 EST 2004

After the last month I've got my MythTV working except for TVout on my
PVR-350. Looking through the archives I found some information that I
would like clarified. The first is concerning the TvOutHowto on the wiki:
I used Jarod's instructions and installed the ivtv firmware, ivtv-kmdl*
and ivtv*. Do I need to follow the TvOutHowto or have I already got what I
need?

The second question: I noticed in one thread that in the XFree86 configure
file has sections referring to the PVR 350 device paired with a screen
section. Am I making the right assumption that I need this added to my
XFree86 configuration file?

I've got my capture card working and I can watch both a captured video and
live TV via my monitor. My XFree86 config has Sections for the video card
and monitor screen. I notice that when the system is booting I get a green
screen on the TV about the time the mythbackend is coming up. When the
mythfrontend comes up the screen seems to 'lock' with what I would call
colored static.

Help getting this last piece in place will be greatly appreciated.