[mythtv-users] BBC THREE/FOUR

Wed Feb 4 05:07:14 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday 04/02/2004 08:18:38
Subject: [mythtv-users] BBC THREE/FOUR

>Lo Chaps,
>
>Am having another play at setting up the Mythtv system for girlfriend
>approval and I'm having problems with some of the part-time channels
>like BBC THREE and BBC FOUR on my nova-t DVB system. I've the latest cvs
>version build and running as of this morning at 7am (Keen or what?).
>
>Basicly if I watchtv or change to bbc four I get the following
>mythbackend message:-
>
>2004-02-04 08:09:32 DVB#1 WARNING - No data from card in 1 second.
>
> From the frontend I get a blackscreen and the following collection of
>messages
>
>2004-02-04 08:08:50 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543 (try 1
>of 3)
>2004-02-04 08:08:50 Using protocol version 2
>2004-02-04 08:08:50 Using protocol version 2
>2004-02-04 08:08:50 Using protocol version 2
>taking too long to be allowed to read..
>taking too long to be allowed to read..
>taking too long to be allowed to read..
>Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
>Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
>Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
>Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...
>
>Now is this because of the part time nature of BBC three and four and an
>intolorance in the mythtv dvb code or is it because I've a flawed config.
>
>Regards
>Simon
>
>--
>The idle mind knows not what it is it wants.
>		-- Quintus Ennius
>--
>This email and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
>intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is
>covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the
>indended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any
>action in reliance of this email or attachments. If you have received
>this email in error, please notify us as soon as possible.

Does the card provide all the DVB Tables to Myth ?   I'm not a programmer, don't have a DVB Card, but I do understand DVB Tables.

There should be a "running status" flag in either the SDT or EIT tables.  This should be de-active when BBC3 is off the air indicating to the decoder that it should not try to tune the service.  Myth could use this to display a message such as "not available at this time" ??

Hope this helps.

Pete