[mythtv-users] BBC THREE/FOUR

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Wed Feb 4 04:52:49 EST 2004

Malcolm Smith wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Although I agree with point about the loops and the general behaviour of
> the DVB code (and feel free to fix!), I think your problem is slightly
> different.

[snip]

> If you look carefully the video and audio pids are 0 when it is off the
> air. When did you run scan?

Yes that's a good one, I fell for that one the first time I installed,
was only when I reran scan in the evening it finaly dawned on me how the
two channels where being broadcast (or not as the case maybe).

> I would check your pids. I've been working with Daniel on a script that
> takes the output of scan and loads up the various tables. I could let
> you have a copy. (It's not complete yet).

That would be the most obvious solution.. Might I suggest for a future
direction that the mythtv setup program be enhanced to allow a external
tuner application to be run to do this.  That way it should be possible
to automate the process for other DVB types and even analog if somebody
knocks together the scan/detection app.

> Back to the original problem:
>
> Ideally the backend should respond indicating no program data is available.
> It should also cope with different apids and the vpid/apid not being
> present (e.g. no vpid = radio station)

Yes I'd noticed that mythtv wasn't hot with the radio channels.. I'm not
promising anything as my forte is real-time C code/distributed systems.
So I suspect my milage may vary when I try to hack Video based/C++. So
we will see..(Said the blind man)..

Simon

--
The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
		-- Albert Einstein