[mythtv-users] mouse in mythtvsetup?

schepens at shaw.ca schepens at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 3 18:36:44 EST 2004

In an earlier message I had noted a problem getting mythtvsetup to start without seg faulting.  I tracked down the issues I was having with mythtvsetup to some versionitis between various kde packages, which I have (more or less) fixed.  Now mythtvsetup runs.

However, when the X portion of it starts up, I have to navigate with the keyboard (arrow keys and the enter key).  There's no visible mouse cursor.  I just wanted to confirm that this is by design (which I can understand -- who wants to watch TV with a mouse cursor dangling in the screen?)  If it's not, I probably have some more kde packages to update!

And further on that kde issue, Axel Thimm had warned me that it's bad medicine to mix RedHat and Fedora packages.  I'm basically working toward a solution where I'm running the Fedora KDE on top of the Red Hat 9 base install.  Is this going to be a problem?

Again, there seem to be package dependencies that were only resolveable by installing some Fedora-version packages.  This might have been due to my having installed a Fedora package as a result of an rpmfind search for a particular set of compatibilities in order to satisfy ivtv issues.  I'm left wondering whether Fedora might be a better base to install MythTV on.  Or I might be brow-beaten into checking out Debian...