[mythtv-users] Why does scheduled recording steal my PVR card that's in use?

Blues Guy bluesguy_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 18:30:52 EST 2004

--- fsquires <fsquires at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I think you're right, but what he seems to want is,
> if you're watching
> live TV and the other card is free, for mythtv to
> dynamically record to
> the unused card.

Exactly.

> The default would be Allow recording, this way if
> you're away and left
> livetv running it would still use the default tuner.

Why would you want this?  Why do I want to even be
bothered?  It should just start using the free tuner
to record the show, no questions asked.  When I start
live TV and it's recording on the other tuner, it
doesn't bother to tell me that the other tuner is
doing something, and rightly so, so why should I be
interrupted when it wants to record and there's a
tuner sitting there idle?

Now, if it's already using the first tuner to record,
and I'm using the second (and last) tuner to watch
live tv, then it's very nice that it's interupts me
and says, "Excuse me, you told me to record this, did
you really mean it?"  I do like that.

Greg