[mythtv-users] Why does scheduled recording steal my PVR card that's in use?

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Feb 3 16:48:44 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ethan McDonald wrote:

> I agree it should be able to check which source is being used for LiveTV, I
> figure that has to registered some where and use the other source to record.

This is how you woujld intuitively expect that it _should_ work, but
unfortunately it doesn't work like that ATM.  This is one of the things
I'm planning on fixing in my live tv override patch when I get around to
rewriting it, although someone mentioned that the scheduler was going to
get a complete rewrite - if that's true then there's no point in me
writing my patch before the scheduler is rewritten, and maybe the
scheduler rewrite will address this issue.

TBH it shouldn't be too hard to fix in the current scheduler anyway - ATM
the scheduler knows nothing about live TV - the state of the live TV is
checked when the recorder tries to grab the card and if you're using live
tv it pops up the "myth wants to record..." box.  What I'd like to do is
register live tv sessions in the scheduler as if they were scheduled
recordings so the scheduler treats them exactly like scheduled recordings
(which would also mean you could assign a recording priority to live TV so
some programs can be set to never interrupt your live TV sessions, even if
there are no free tuners.)

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/