[mythtv-users] Adding a channel that is not show in Zap2It listings

Potuncle potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com
Tue Feb 3 16:30:36 EST 2004

I have posted this question once before and didn't get a response, so I am
trying again and hopefully it is more understandable this time.

I do not have cable or sattelite, so I only receive local broadcasts. Here
in Eugene, Oregon, we receive MTV 2 on UHF channel 51. Zap2It does not
list this channel in the local broadcast listings for Eugene. I have
contacted them about this several times and they have not yet added it. I
have sucessfully added UHF 51 as a channel in MythTV, so I can tune to MTV
2, but I cannot get the program listings loaded for this channel.

MTV 2 is listed in the Comcast Digital cable listings as cable channel
135. I want to know if I can force the program data for cable channel 135
to be assigned to, and shown as the program data for, UHF channel 51. If
so, how do I do it?

Thanks much,

Jason