[mythtv-users] RE: Photos of myth boxes

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 3 13:58:53 EST 2004

Quoting Dwaine Garden <DwaineGarden at rogers.com>:

> audin at okb-1.org wrote:
>

>http://jupiter.okb-1.org/camera/public/brewing_and_mythtv/.catalogimages/p2020037.jpg.html
> >
> >	Mythtv isn't quite in active use at this point.  I'm still trying to
> >figure out how to safely get the uhf antenna on the roof to feed the
> pcHDTV
> >card.
> >
> >	Ideally the mythtv+pchdtv setup will replace the tivo+turbonet.
> >

>     Oh man...  You have to be joking.     That projection is amazing.
> I would die to have that...

Look hard, REALLY hard for a used projector.

A few years ago I got a Sharp XG-E660U with 1000 hours on the bulb for $600.
After about 2-3 years I needed a new bulb (another $300), but still, it's far
less than some people spend on 40"+ TVs.

Only 640x480, but for most stuff that's more than sufficient.

You know what's really sad?  The projector has been sitting in my basement for
the past 1.5 years (since I graduated college) - There's no place I can set it
up where I'm currently living.  :(  At least not without serious furniture
rearrangement which I'm too lazy to do.  :)