[mythtv-users] Re: Vertical letter boxes on playback (Epia M10000)

brentfisher at shaw.ca brentfisher at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 3 10:25:29 EST 2004

> What's your DisplaySize set to in XFree86.config? What size screen do you
> have? Whats the aspect ratio of the video you're using?

Ivor,

Currently, I'm using a screen resolution of 720x480, but I have tested using both 800x600 and 640x480 with the same results.  The video is being captured but a PVR-250 with an aspect ratio of 4:3.

DisplaySize: in my current XF86Config, (which I copied from the Gentoo EPIA howto yesterday (http://www.alterself.com/~epia)) I don't have this set - so if there's a default, that's what I'm using.  In my previous XF86Config, I was using the follow:

    DisplaySize 183 123 # yeilds approx 100x100dpi font resolution @ 720x480

Both configurations seem to yield the same (disappointing) results.

As a side note, I wiped out all traces of X last night on the machine and re-installed the xfree-epia-4.3.99.902-r5 ebuild, as well your libddmpeg but the problem persists.

-Brent