[mythtv-users] Problems with Mythvideo

Hector Vayanos avayanos at qualcomm.com
Tue Feb 3 01:23:11 EST 2004

Hi,
I am running MythTV 0.12 from Axel's ATrpms setup (using Jarod's guide) on
a box running RH9.0.
Everything was working fine after the installation, except that recently I
am having some serious problems with Mythvideo. In the past, the little I
had played around with was working fine. It was able to query IMDB and
download the information for every movie I threw at it, and of course play
the movies. Now the frontend hangs every time I try to play a movie in
"Browse Videos" and it crashes when I try to query IMDB from "Video
Manager". I thought it may be a matter of video format, but mplayer
(outside of mythtv) is able to play all of the video files I am testing with.

The only things that I can think of which I did in the meantime was:
1. Move the mythvideo library folder
2. Play around with transcode to get it to convert mpeg2 files to xvid
encoded mpeg4 (I ended up installing a newer version of transcode and a new
version of lame)

I do not know if anyone has had similar experience.

Although I wanted to avoid this as I am pretty happy with the current
mythtv setup, I may simply try to upgrade to a later version of mythtv to
see if this fixes it.

Thanks a lot to everyone who is contributing to the MythTV project. It rocks!!!

- Hector

Hector Vayanos
Senior Engineer,
Qualcomm Inc.