[mythtv-users] Why does scheduled recording steal my PVR card that's in use?

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 2 22:20:43 EST 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 09:05 pm, Blues Guy wrote:
> This is one of my only real complaints with Myth, and
> one of the few things that keeps my box from getting
> high marks on the WAF.  It's smart enough to know when
> I begin watching TV that a recording is in progress,
> and to use the other tuner, but somehow when I'm
> watching TV, it doesn't know that the other tuner is
> sitting there idle?  I think in a previous message I
> speculated that it had something to do with the
> modularity of the frontend / backend design causing
> this problem, but who knows.. besides Isaac.
>
> If tuner state were stored in the database, this
> shouldn't be a problem!

When I click on "system status" in mythweb it shows you exactly what each
tuner card is doing (recording, watching TV) and it even tells you which
channel and show etc.  So mythtv already knows what's going with each of the
capture cards.  I guess all that needs to happen now is a scheduled recording
needs to grab the free card.

Thanks
Malcolm