[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au

mian mythtv at mian.net.au
Mon Feb 2 17:23:35 EST 2004

> OK, so do you have tv_grab_au 0.3 working with Myth?
>
> I tried it. It configured ok from mythtv-setup. However when
> mythfilldatabase calls tv_grab_au, it claims to not be able to find its
> configuration file.
>
> Hence I am still running 0.1, which works fine.

I upgraded to 0.3 and it's working fine, cleared out all channel info in
MySQL, upgraded and went thru mythsetup again to trigger config, set it
all up etc.

I would recommend staying with the ebroadcast based one though (probably
gonna downgrade when I get a chance), the 0.3 one only grabs basic program
information and is missing the program's sub-name and description.  Have
actually done the grabbers on C# in Windows before and I find
tvguide.ninemsn.com.au one of the best sites to grab as much info as
possible from as their HTML is nowhere near as bloated as ebroadcast's so
it's much less for the grabbers to download while still getting as much
detail.

--
mian