[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] 3rd time asking - please help: Automatic conflict resolution

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Feb 2 13:11:28 EST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Oscar Carlsson wrote:

> I  just  can't  help  asking myself why you don't just set a priority if there's
> something  you  want  to  see  more  than you want to see some other show that's
> scheduled?

Because that inevitably involves juggling lots of priorities around for
all the shows - I far prefer to wait for a conflict to come up and then
tell it I always want show A to override show B - it makes life simpler
than having hundreds of different priorities and having to keep juggling
them into the right order.  I do use priorities for 1 important purpose -
I set a priority of 0 for shows I really care about and a priority of -1
for shows I don't really give a damn about but I still want to record them
if there's nothing else on.  This is the way it always used to work and
for me is far simpler.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/