[mythtv-users] skip ahead skips back the first time pressed, mythtv 0.14

Blues Guy bluesguy_1 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 09:02:40 EST 2004

> Torsten,
>
> I'm not using PAL.  I'm in the USA and using NTSC.
> Prior to upgrading to
> Mythtv 0.14 I was on 0.13 and I didn't notice the
> skip back error while using
> my PVR-350.  I only had my PVR-350 TV out working
> for about 1 day with 0.13
> so I may have just missed it but I don't think so.

I've noticed skip errors several times, although I
haven't really sat down and tried to reproduce them
consistently.  I'm using the latest ivtv rpm
(0.1.9-24) from Axel, with Myth .13, a PVR-350 and
NTSC.

An example was yesterday.  I had been watching live TV
for a few hours, I paused, skipped back a few times
(at 30 seconds a skip), watched a section again,
jumped ahead using a 5 minute forward jump (even
though I was only about 2 minutes behind), and
suddenly I was about 8 or 9 minutes behind, the OSD
said I was only a few seconds behind, and that I was
14 or 15 percent full (out of 5GB allocated for live
TV), and I couldn't go forward any further.  Only by
leaving TV, and re-entering live TV set things right
again.

Maybe something screwy with the ringbuffer file?

I most likely could do a more scientific and
reproducable test, if anyone wants.

Greg