[mythtv-users] Resoldering Ceramic Filters on PVR350

Hamish Tweedie hamish at hamishtweedie.com
Mon Feb 2 03:13:52 EST 2004

  I've found that I have inadvertantly bought a PVR that is tuned for PAL
  I rather than PAL B/G to install MythTV alongside. My understanding is
  that I have to resolder the 6Mhz ceramic filters in the Phillips tuner
  on the card and repalce them with 5.5Mhz filters. Firstly any comments
  on this (I see that there are 2 filters at 6Mhz).

  I've found a replacement supplier for the filters, but looking at the
  tuner there appears to be a lot of soldering required to remove the
  tuner to access the back of the tuner circuit board and thus desolder
  the filters!!! Can anybody provide me with any hints on this ...

  I was wondering about 'clipping' the redundant filters off and
  soldering the new ones onto the old stubs, thus saving the hassle of
  removing the whole tuner .. any comments before I embark on this?

  Thanks ..

  Hamish