[mythtv-users] Starting off with Debian - which version?

Jerry Rubinow jerryr at universal-imaging.com
Sun Feb 1 15:32:25 EST 2004

I want to set up the latest release of Myth on Debian.  I've been reading about some problems with the Stable version of Debian (i.e. MythMusic not working with the stable FLAC version), which require upgrading various packages and/or compiling various things.

Being somewhat new to Debian, I was wondering if it would just be easier to upgrade the whole system to Testing or Unstable, if that would require less headaches, or if I would run into more problems than I'd avoid with the stable version if I did that.

If I should upgrade the whole system, to which version - Testing or Unstable?

Thanks.