[mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Sun Feb 1 15:12:52 EST 2004

Cedar McKay <cedar at aliandcedar.com> writes:

> Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>
>>One thing that is not helping is that, while watching TV and videos and
>>DVDs (although we use a separate DVD player for DVDs) looks fine through
>>the nVidia TV-out, the MythTV interface is hard to read. I've played
>>with this several times without finding a solution. Don't know what it
>>is. I might post some pictures here later to see if what I have is the
>>best I can have.
>>
> have you tried to set X (or is it QT?) to use 100dpi fonts?. Helped me.

I don't think I've tried this. I'll give it a try.

One thing I did notice, though, was that MythWeb applies a scaling
factor to the display, so, when I use MythWeb everything looks
great. However, the regular MythTV interface does not seem to have a
scaling factor I can apply. If it had one I think everything would look
great.

Tony: I've tried different themes, and indeed, some are better than
others. But some things are just unreadable in any theme (the EPG is an
example: EPG is almost useless to me because I can't read it.)

I'm using a nVidia GeForce 4MX card with TV out, BTW. I'll try to take
some pictures and post a link in the hope that people can tell me if
their nVidia-based frontends look better (which means I can probably
improve my setup) or if it looks about the same (in which case I guess
there's nothing we can do other than buying a better TV.

Cheers!

Eloy.-