[mythtv-users] possible to do Dish Network + antenna

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 14:32:18 EST 2004

Total newbie here.  I currently get local channels via an antenna (no
cable or dish), and don't have a PVR.  I'm planning to sign up for the
cheapest Dish Network package and build a MythTV box, and I'd like to
continue getting local channels via the antenna instead of paying $5
extra per month for the Dish package that includes local channels.

Can MythTV handle input from both the Dish Network and my antenna?  I
assume I would need two tuner cards, right?  Or would it cause me fewer
headaches in the long run to just get local channels via Dish?

Thanks.