[mythtv-users] 0.14 CD/DVD Automonitoring Does Nothing...

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Feb 1 14:12:13 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Albert Santoni wrote:
>
>> I've tried enabling the CD/DVD automonitoring option in the settings
>> of Myth, but when I pop in a DVD nothing happens.
>> Btw, what's the scope of the automonitoring? If I'm in Live-TV, and I
>> pop in a DVD, will it switch the MythDVD? (or will it only work in
>> the base menu?)
>>
> Right now the only thing it'll do is switch to MythMusic when you
> stick in a Music CD.  I'll see about hooking MythDVD up as well...

Small followup, I just noticed some code that I forgot to submit as a
patch that pretty much makes the media monitoring useless.  I'll be
submitting a patch to the dev list in a bit that:

1) Fixes the interaction between MythMusic and the media monitor.  This
is the one I forgot to send in.
2) Gets rid of the "Myth Music is already registered as a media handler"
message.
3) Adds MythDVD to the list of media handlers.

I'm testing #3 now, once that's done I'll send it in.