[mythtv-users] sleep & wakeup

Christian Hoenig me at christianhoenig.de
Sun Feb 1 08:12:33 EST 2004

Hi Michael,

On Sunday 01 February 2004 00:36, Michael Schmidt wrote:
> > You simply have to quit your FE and then the scheduler
> > decides when to shutdown. I made this by design.
>
> I also noticed that. And since the shutdown button is gone ...

You mean when escaping from mythfrontend, there is only "Quit" and "Stay"?
If yes, this only 'happens' if FE and BE are on the same machine :-).

> ... it's my prefered
> way to shutdown. I still have one problem though:
> How do you make your box shutdown again after it came alive for a
> recording?

hmm, you say, that it doesn't shutdown after waking up alone?
It should do so, so this either is a setup failure or bug. Lets find out.
Please give me some details about that, ok?

> > The docs for the Shutdown/Wakeup mechanism are kind of ready.
> > I'll submit them today or tomorrow after Jon had a quick look at
> > them.
>
> Cool. I'd like to have a look at it. Where can I find your docs?

I wanted to wait for the 0.14 before submitting stuff.
I'll submit them 'right now'. Lets see what Robert'll say about it.

take care, have fun
/christian
EDDK