[mythtv-users] Audio passthrough (PVR 350 -> NForce audio)

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Fri Dec 31 02:40:41 UTC 2004

I wasn't able to get video working without the "tearing" effect I
mentioned in another email, so it's off to using the PVR350 hardware
decoder (and not transcoding to MPEG4/tossing the TV tuner). That
leaves me with one problem, though:

Audio comes out the PVR-350's sound outputs (duh :) ). On the other
hand, my amp is fed with the digital out from my NForce onboard sound.
And I can't figure out how to get the NForce to take whatever is on
line-in and dump it to line-out.

Current setup: PVR350 audio out connected to NForce line in. Line-in
set to 80%, unmuted, and set to capture. If I record, I get sound. I've
tried an "arecord | aplay" pair, but it makes the audio about a half
second slow.

1) Is there any way to get the NForce audio to play straight from line
in without user programs running?
2) Am I being silly for trying this? :)

Thanks!
Drew