[mythtv-users] bobdeint as output filter?

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Thu Dec 30 23:26:04 UTC 2004

'bobdeint' doesn't work properly for me when specified as an output
filter.

When specified on the "custom filters" line for a host, it does
nothing: the video is not deinterlaced as far as I can tell.

When specified as a channel-specific output filter, I end up with the
fields stacked, implying that Xv doesn't know how to properly
reconstruct each frame.

Bob works fine when I specify it as the (deprecated?) deinterlacing
algorithm above the "custom filters" input line.

Cheers,
Kyle