[mythtv-users] zap2it labs and schedule/lineup corrections?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Dec 30 20:47:15 UTC 2004

Have you tried contacting the local company?

In my case, the local company (Adelphia) is supplying
incorrect information to zap2it, and I had to go so far as
to meet with one of the veeps of programming to find
out where the discrpancy lie.  It was pretty neat, because
I found out that the programming info Adelphia was
supplying to zap2it was for their affiliate in a nearby
zip code.  Because of the interaction, the nice veep
programming director said that when they rearranged
channels in January, they would provide the programming
I was looking for (French In Action, BTW) on their system
as recognition for the roughly 3 months of run-around
I got from both them and zap2it.

Most likely your local provider would be able to
correct the situation with zap2it.

Paul

>>> james at mauibay.net 12/30/2004 3:36:49 PM >>>
Aloha,

I love the datadirect service that zap2it labs is providing for the
community, and the subscription-for-survey model is perfectly fine with

me. However, does anybody here have any advice for getting corrections

made for incorrect listings?

For example, for my lineup, the travel channel schedule is off by 2
hours. (I suspect it's a time zone thing, this happens a lot for some
channels in Hawaii, I sometimes have a half-dozen channels with wrong
schedules.)

For the travel channel example, I emailed labs at zap2it.com multiple
times
in early November. I posted on the labs.zap2it.com web forum on
November
22 on the "Schedule Discrepancies" forum. I posted again on December 2.

(As I write this on December 30, I'm the last person who posted on that

forum.) Each time I provided the requested information specified in the

instructions on the website.

I've had no responses at all to email or posts in 2 months, and no
corrections to the schedule. I'm not looking for anybody to blame or
anything to complain about, I'm just hoping there's a process for
reporting schedule errors that works, and that I've somehow missed it.

If there is no process that works, is there an easy method to have
mythtv work around this problem? I'd love to be able to assign a time
offset for each channel's schedule in mythtv. (The default being zero,

of course.) Then myth would know to adjust the schedule properly and I

wouldn't be at the mercy of incorrect schedules several times a year.
If
and when the schedule gets corrected, I could change the offset
appropriately. Is there functionality like this already available?

James