[mythtv-users] No mysql.txt

Asher Schaffer freedenizen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 14:55:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:48:30 -0600, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Asher Schaffer wrote:

> >>It's been removed, as it's no longer necessary to distribute a copy.  Read the
> >>docs that came with your checkout for more information.
> >>
> >>Isaac
> >>

> >I assumed I'm really missing something here, when I run ./setup it
> >fails cause it can't find mysql.txt I looked around through the docs
> >and didn't see anything about not needing it.  I manually created it
> >and now everything works fine.  Where does it talk about not needing
> >it?
> >

> The updated setup doesn't get copied to your local directories during an
> install.  Make sure you are executing the CVS version of the setup
> program from your source directories...
>
> Kevin

This is the first time myth has ever been copied to or installed on
this machine.  No previous CVS or non-CVS versions.  I just did a make
distclean and recompiled, I will test it again when I get home.  I ran
./setup so it must have been running the one in mythtv/setup unless
there is a different copy I should be running?