[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup: command not found error

Da Worm daworm at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 08:06:47 UTC 2004

On 12/28/2004 at 2:36 PM George Lopez wrote:

>hoping to get some response since my Mythbox is
>currently sitting idle.  I am not sure where I went
>wrong, my video capture
>works perfectly (with Audio and Video) but I cannot
>get mythtvsetup to work. I get an error saying
>"command not found" I have done an apt-get update
>(results below) and was not successful.

Did you build from source originally?  If so, you need to go into your source tree
and look for the setup directory.  In there will be a program called setup.  I made
a symlink in /usr/sbin to point to it to make things easier.  Not sure what the
problem might be if you went pure apt-get.

Try this:

locate mythtv | grep setup

and see if you can find where it is located.

HTH,
  Jeff.