[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup: command not found error

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Dec 29 00:24:04 UTC 2004

Yeah, um if you run "locate mythtvsetup" and get no
response back, it's not on the system.

For example, try running "locate ping" and you'll
see the difference.

For some reason, you don't have mythtvsetup on the box...

Paul

>>> geokimlopez at yahoo.com 12/28/2004 5:36:25 PM >>>
hoping to get some response since my Mythbox is
currently sitting idle.  I am not sure where I went
wrong, my video capture
works perfectly (with Audio and Video) but I cannot
get mythtvsetup to work. I get an error saying
"command not found" I have done an apt-get update
(results below) and was not successful. I searched
the mail-list and saw one posting regarding updating
the db and this is what I got:
[root at localhost root]# updatedb
[root at localhost root]# locate mythtvsetup
[root at localhost root]# mythtvsetup
bash: mythtvsetup: command not found
[root at localhost root]#

I am running FC1, on a P4, 2.4GHz, NVidia card in USA
(I will eventually have the box controlling my DirecTV

receiver). I tried to install mythtv-suite and got
dependency issues with mythdvd, so I installed module
by module. Maybe I did something wrong there. Is
there something I should change in my sources.list
file? I am so, so close to having my wife happy.
Please help.

Thanks,
George

[root at localhost root]# apt-get update
Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386 release
[1813B]
Ign http://rpms.subpop.net fedora/linux/1/i386 release

Ign http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org fedora/1/i386
release
Get:2 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386 release
[1523B]
====SNIP====

Get:13 http://apt.sw.be dries/fedora/fc1/i386 release
[483B]
Fetched 16.3kB in 7s (2093B/s)
Hit http://freshrpms.atrpms.net
fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms pkglist

======SNIP======

Hit http://newrpms.atrpms.net
redhat/en/i386/fc1/newrpms release
Err http://download.fedoralegacy.org
fedora/1/i386/updates pkglist
Could not resolve 'download.fedoralegacy.org'
Err http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-stable
pkglist
Could not resolve 'apt.atrpms.net'
Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386/planetcore

pkglist
Hit http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org fedora/1/i386/gst

pkglist
Ign http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org fedora/1/i386/gst

release
Err http://rpms.subpop.net
fedora/linux/1/i386/production pkglist
404 Not Found
Ign http://rpms.subpop.net
fedora/linux/1/i386/production release
Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386/planetcore

release

=======SNIP=========

Hit http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-stable
release
Failed to fetch
http://download.fedoralegacy.org/apt/fedora/1/i386/base/pkglist.updates

http://apt.atrpms.net/fedora/1/en/i386/base/pkglist.at-stable

Could not resolve 'apt.atrpms.net'
Failed to fetch
http://rpms.subpop.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/pkglist.production

404 Not Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been

ignored, or old ones used instead.
[root at localhost root]# apt-get install mythtv
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
mythtv is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 43 not
upgraded.