[mythtv-users] MythWeb: Streaming a NUV file to a windows machine

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Dec 28 16:33:52 UTC 2004

> Using MythWeb, when I click on recorded show, is it supposed to play
> the file immediately?  I am finding that the whole file has to be
> downloaded before it will be played.  It would be cool if I could
> start watching the file after downloading the first few MB's and then
> download the rest in the background.

That's up to the driver configuration in your browser/player.  However,
the cvs version of mythweb should auto-detect windows browsers and use
myth:// urls (http://dsmyth.sf.net) -- earlier versions of mythweb have
this set up in their config files.  If I understand its author
correctly, it will stream the media directly from the backend.

-Chris