[mythtv-users] nvidia fx5200 help please badly needed

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Tue Dec 28 15:13:44 UTC 2004

They are all pretty much the same.  The chip is what is important, not
really who makes it.  Some cards varry, but by so little it really
doesn't make a difference for a HTPC.  If you have an option of buying
one with a fan or without, go for without if noise in the HTPC is
important, otherwise the extra air doesn't hurt.  Mine does not have a
fan, but I've made sure the case fan moves air over the heatsink enough
to keep the card and more important the cards around it cooler. I did
have one fx5200 go bad, probably due to overheating in my old case which
I filled to the max and it couldn't handle that.

--Brandon