[mythtv-users] Problems building my box - PVR 350.

Amorya North amorya at amorya.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 12:19:47 UTC 2004

I have built a computer and installed Mandrake on it. Problem is, I
can't start X - which I think is because the graphics card is about ten
years old.

I have a PVR 350, though, and will be using the TV output from that. So
if I'm not mistaken, I only need the extra graphics card to set up the
box for the first time - am I right?

So, should I spend time trying to get X started on this card? Should I
get hold of another graphics card to do the setup, which runs X?

Or can I set everything up from the command line, and then get Myth
working on the PVR without ever having run X on the normal graphics
card? This is what I think is possible, but I'm somewhat of a Linux
newbie so I'm after confirmation :)

Amorya