[mythtv-users] Re: error in line 59, integer expected (was: clear a Transaction Check Error?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Dec 28 11:16:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 01:05:15PM -0800, Chuck Rice wrote:

> Progress!
>
> I tried a apt-get -f install which in the past would try to delete
> everything to fix the problem, leading to an unbootable system. This
> time it just deleted yum.  now I have a new problem. What does:
>
> >warning: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xmlcatalog saved as
> >/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xmlcatalog.rpmsave
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >Failed to remove entry from /etc/sgml/catalog
> >/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.1694: line 59: [: : integer expression expected
>
> mean? Google did not turn up anything that looked relevant. -Chuck-

Ignore it, it's a bug in a Red Hat's %postun script that makes wrong
assumptions on the state of /etc/sgml/catlogue. Unfortunately due to
rpm's nature you cannot block a buggy %postun script.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net