[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-250

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 24 22:28:57 UTC 2004

PAUL WILLIAMSON writes:

> Either one of the 250s work, but it's the card id that you need to
> be wary of.  Some of the newer model 250s have a card id that is
> not yet incorporated into ivtv.  You'll only know once you get it
> an put it into the machine.  If it doesn't work, there's not much to
> worry about.  Most of the time you just need to either add your
> card id to the command line or modprobe (I think...).

Hi Paul or anyone,

I found this at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1

Hardware known NOT to work and other issues

 - Hauppauge WinTV-D or -HD (no driver)
 - Hauppauge WinTV-USB series
 - Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-usb, usb2 or PCI cards (no driver - this is not the
PVR-250/350 series of cards supported by the IvyTV driver)
 - ATI All-in-Wonder series

and now, I'm seeing different models of PVR-250 (eg 908 or 975 and so on).
Can someone please send me the correct pvr-250 that will work on mythtv?

Thanks guys!

Neil