[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Dec 24 13:34:56 UTC 2004

Ashley Bostock wrote:

>Behaves that way for me!
>
>I have 2 dvb cards. I have it globally set to start 1min earily and
>end 5mins late on recordings.
>
>If I schedule something to record on channel 1 from 20:00 till 21:00
>and also on channel 2 from 21:00 till 22:00 and there are no other
>recordings set, myth will only use one tuner card.
>
>Often the end of the recording on channel 1 will be at the beginning
>of the recording from channel 2.
>
>As far as I can remember its been always been like this since 0.14

How is it Myth's fault that program one is scheduled to end at 21:00 but
doesn't actually end at 21:00 when shown?  Global padding is optional
from the scheduler point of view and it doesn't work hard to make sure
that it captures that padding unlike recording specific padding.  If you
know that progam 1 consistently ends late, you should add program
specific padding to make sure it is captured.  Then your programs will
be scheduled on more than one card.

It seems what you are proposing is a change to the scheduler to take
global padding into consideration when more than one card is present
and, barring other scheduling conflicts, use multiple tuners to capture
the padding whenever possible.

Kevin