[mythtv-users] Re: Suid root, but mythtv complains that it isn't.

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Dec 24 12:26:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:04:41PM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <20041223213955.GB25286 at main.templetons.com>
>           Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:
>
> > I have mythfrontend owned by root and set to run suid.   However,
> > when i run it it reports:
> >
> > pthread-setschedparam: Operation not permitted
> > Running as SUID root would allow some threads to run with realtime...
>
> Same here. I have to actually run it as root to make that message
> go away. I assume it must be giving up privileges too early.

what about selinux? Did you try turning it off (selinux=0 in the
kernel command line)? If that helps then having mythtv running suid
will requires writing policies for it. :/
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net