[mythtv-users] OT: Best modchip for xbox to be used for mythtv?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 23 20:56:48 UTC 2004

> I just got a xbox and I would like to convert this to mythtv
> use. Its a very new bios, 1.6 or newer so the mechinstaller
> hack wont work like it did on my old xbox (toasted by a glass
> of pop). It appears that I need to buy a modchip for the
> beast. I would like to keep the ability to use it as a xbox
> but its normally going to boot directly into xebian. I would
> like to know your personal experience with your install. What
> chip and if you had any serious problems. I think I am also
> going to hack in a usb port on this one. Using the controller
> is a pain in the rear :)

>From what I can see, the only non-chip hack that will work for my 1.6b box
is the hot swap hack. I should be able to do that one easy enough. My
question, which I have not been able to answer by googling (darn worm has
trashed half the links I want to look at), so I will ask you guys. Is there
any special code I need to load other than the usual files for any 1.6 box?
I would like to load xebian once I am done.

Thanks in advance,
Bill