[mythtv-users] TV Output

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 22 14:41:42 UTC 2004

In message <1e71196a0412220239799f9811 at mail.gmail.com>
        Stephen Williams <stephen.gw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad to hear you're making progress. The image really should be
> centred, the signal is as close to spec as possible. Are you sure that
> you haven't set Myth to recentre the image? You might have done that
> for you're previous S-video out and haven't reverted it...

I had cleared all the positioning and overscan setting in Myth.

> Assuming that's not the case you have two options (1) use Myth config
> options to offset the display X and Y to centre the picture or (2)
> mess with the modeline slightly to alter the front/back porch lengths
> for both horizontal and vertical, just make sure you keep the sync
> widths the same.

I actually went with option 3 and used the picture adjustments on
the TV to recenter the image properly.

The strange thing now is that already video playback is OK the
bottom and right of the menus seems to be chopped off. I have
both the GUI and the default playback size set for 720x576 at
the moment.

The other wierd thing is that the OSD text doesn't look right
at all. It was fine with the S-Video corruption but now looks
like is being subject to some horrid scaling that is causing
bits of it to be lost or something.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)