[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Martin Brown Martin.Brown at macquarie.com
Tue Dec 21 04:31:13 UTC 2004

Unfortunately, a second tuner card does _NOT_ necessarily solve this problem. You'd think it would
but no.

If the two programs are on the same channel, only the one tuner will be used, the end of the first
program will be on the file for the second program. Sure, it's recorded ... until you edit or delete
the second program to discover that you also lost the last bit of the first one. Bummer!

I haven't seen it do this for two consecutive programs recorded from different channels. I'll try
that one out.

This sounds like a bug the more I think about it.

Martin