[mythtv-users] What happens when my cable company switches to digital?

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 23:36:52 UTC 2004

It is most definitely possible to support any reasonable number of
STB's from a single myth box.  You just need to create a separate
instance of lircd for each STB you need to control.  That can get a
bit complicated, but if you google and search the list archives I'm
sure you can turn up some info on running multiple lircd's.  The thing
that is usually most problematic is that, most likely, all your STB's
will use the same IR codes so you need to make sure that each IR
blaster/STB combo is isolated from the others.  Otherwise you will
probably end up with recordings from incorrect channels because both
STB's will change channel each time any IR blaster sends a signal.