[mythtv-users] MythTV noob

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Mon Dec 20 06:51:06 UTC 2004

You just need to get a splitter before the capture cards.  You should be able
to get one at any local store.

halfway down this page there are some photos... you've seen them before

http://www.hometech.com/video/splitters.html

350 and a 250 would be cool.  I only have a 350 and it works great for
recording and play back.  Anything else gets a bit dicey.  The 350 is great
if you are going onto a slower machine - it has hardware encoding.

On Monday 20 December 2004 12:58 am, Sim wrote:
> On Sunday 19 Dec 2004 12:36, William wrote:
> > I dont have a 350 but I know the 250 does not do passthru. I doubt the
> > 350 does either. You would have to use a rf splitter ahead of the capture
> > card and then feed a differeent input on the tv with the split signal.
> > This would cause you to lose the ability to pause live tv and make
> > switching between tv and myth a more complicated situation than needed.
> > (Read, low wife acceptance factor)
> >
> > I would go with a 250 and 350 as my pair of cap cards if you really want
> > to use the 350 for output. I think they finally have the 350 out
> > stabilized to the point that its useful. The 350 is not up to the task of
> > playing fast games if you have any thoughts of going that route.  If you
> > are not in a huge hurry you might also want to think about waiting for
> > the 150 support to stabilize. They are quite a bit cheaper than the
> > 250's.
>
> OK - I understand now, and can see why people are getting excited about 150
> supoprt  - it would save money when you need two of them.
>
> But that prompts another question - how I do split the cable coax
> connection between two tuner cards - is that another "rf splitter", which
> is not a term that I understand but my borther will?  I feel as though I
> have not read about any of these issues on the documentation pages, which
> may be my opportunity to contribute in due course
>
> Sim

Bill Chmura

w. http://www.fistfullofcode.com
w. http://www.explosivo.com

Seeking total perfect enlightenment is looking for a flashlight,
When all you need the flashlight for is to find your flashlight.
- Lew Welch

Without good motivation, science and technology, instead of helping, bring
more fear and threaten global destruction. Compassionate thought is very
important for humankind.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama