[mythtv-users] FC1 problem at install mythtv Step

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 17:06:39 UTC 2004

I wish I could say you are correct about ignoring the
warning.  Unfortunately, I get an error when I try to
apt-get mythtv suite.  Any thoughts?  See below for
the error I get.

Thanks,
George

[root at localhost root]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean
that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using
the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet
been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is
extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report
against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the
situation:

  mythtv-suite: Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.16) but it is
not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
[root at localhost root]#