[mythtv-users] (no subject)

wmunson at rochester.rr.com wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Dec 17 20:28:56 UTC 2004

> I just purchased some new hardware and am building a MythTV box
> based on
> Jarod Wilson's HOWTO at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php.
> I've gotten
> to the portion of the HOWTO, after installing the ivtv stuff using
> apt-get,
> where I send a test signal to the TV-Out of the PVR-350.  When I
> do that all
> I see on the TV is snow.  I moved on to the next step to see if I
> couldrecord and view the signal coming in on my cable line into
> the FM connector
> and again all I got was snow.

Sounds like it is working. There is no "test pattern" AFAIK and your reception of "snow" indicated you are looking at the rf in connector of your card. My suggestion at this point is to continue with the myth install. Once compiled and installed you should be have complete control of your card and view/record something.

I never had much luck getting the card to output anything useful using the command line interface.