[mythtv-users] Adding extra recorder disk space for Christmas

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Fri Dec 17 16:48:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 16:09, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:

> 	I've yet to encounter any filesystem that does not have this problem.
> This just seems to be a general issue with LVM. This issue also crops up on
> high end SAN storage systems.
>
> 	Don't ever expect to be able to shrink a filesystem.

I have not had a problem using e2resize to shrink an unmounted ext3
filesystem and then using LVM to reallocate PE's.

I did have some issues using 'pvmove' to free a disk from LVM because of
incompatibilities of kernel.org kernels vs LVM-patched RedHat kernels.
The workaround I used was just to boot single user mode with a patched
redhat kernel for the pvmove operation.

Cheers,

Mark