[mythtv-users] Timing issue

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Dec 17 00:28:10 UTC 2004

I've noticed a couple of strange things relating to program durations
during playback on my new Myth box.

The first thing I noticed was that the duration shown was sometimes
less than it should be - when the playback counter reached that point
it would stop incrementing but the video would carry on playing until
the end of the program. The discrepancy is typically about 6 minutes
or so on a one hour program.

In fact tonight I was watching something while it was still recording
and to start with both the current position and the duration were
incrementing and the duration got to about 1h5m and was still going
up. Later on I looked and the position was still incrementing but the
duration had dropped back to about 59m and frozen. The video played
on past that point and when I then started the program again after it
had finished the duration was back to where it should be at 1h10m or so.

The real killer however was when I started watching a program with
ads about ten minutes after the real start time. During the last ad
break I caught up with real time and it wouldn't skip forward any
more. It played on for a few seconds, then stopped and announced it
had reached the end (which it hadn't, there were ten minutes still
to go). The box then went mad and the load shot up to 18 or so
until I managed to kill everything from another machine.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/