[mythtv-users] Can Myth be all I want it to be?

WJCarpenter bill-mythtv at carpenter.ORG
Thu Dec 16 21:20:48 UTC 2004

sa> That's only a MicroATX case, though, which limits your motherboard
sa> choices pretty severely.  A little more money gets you this:

sa> http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-142&depa=1

[[Antec Overture]]

sa> I have one, with an FIC AU13 inside (six PCI slots ought to be

I have an Antec Overture waiting around for me to pick a motherboard.
I'm looking at the Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394
<http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7VT600%201394.htm>.

It seems well-suited for MythTV in general and the Overture case in
particular becuase it's got:

  -- Connector for the Overture's front USB ports
  -- Connector for the Overture's front firewire port
  -- 2 9-pin serial ports (for IR blaster and satellite receiver
     control)
  -- 6 channel audio

Anybody have any experience or opinions about that motherboard, or
Gigabyte motherboards in general, or the Via KT600 chipset?